During our time in Aspen Snowmass, we stayed at the Aspen Meadows Resort. It was a great choice for so many reasons.
In general, I like to pick a spot on the periphery of the action. Not too close, but not far at all being in walking distance from things to do and see. This is exactly what Aspen Meadows is all about.
The resort is located about a 20 minute walk from the Aspen village (or a 5 minute shuttle bus ride) on its private acreage. The grounds has a European community feeling, and face some lovely local aspen covered mountains that look amazing at sunset from our room that had big windows.
So why do you want to stay at Aspen Meadows Resort?
- The rooms are incredible – very clean, modern, spacious, comfortable (king size bed was fantastic), and have amazing views
- Free parking – park your car in the covered garage and forget about it during your stay because you really don’t need it
- Free shuttle bus service – get to town in 5 minutes or get picked up anytime in town by simply phoning the shuttle bus to come and get you; in the mornings ask to get dropped off at the Main street bus stop (between 7th/8th) and transfer to all the ski resorts by the local free bus
- Quiet, peaceful location – great sleeps
- Complementary ski/snowboard storage and transfer cards provided – allows you to store/transfer your gear between or at each resort
- Incredibly friendly and helpful staff – they will put you on the right track before you get to ask
- Affordable at about $250/night – many hotels closer to the ski hills are old, outdated, small, and cost double the price or more
- Great breakfast buffet if desired
Here is a look at the rooms (images from the Aspen Meadows Resort website).
I almost booked a ski-in ski-out hotel room in Snowmass Village, but I am glad I didn’t. For starters, the space was half the size, was not as modern looking, and was more expensive. Basically, it only offered a convenient location to Snowmass village.
A true benefit to staying at Aspen Meadows is that we experienced much more in both Aspen and Snowmass villages. The public transportation is really solid. Everyone uses it because it is convenient and easy. Shuttle buses from Aspen Meadows run every 30 minutes, and the buses that run between Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass run every 15 minutes so it is so easy to get around.
So if you are looking for a great spot to stay at in Aspen, don’t hesitate and book at the Aspen Meadows Resort!